Our eco-friendly alpaca dryer balls are a wonderful, all natural and fragrance free alternative to dryer sheets and fabric softener. Dryer sheets are among some of the most toxic household items. Alpaca fiber is hypoallergenic which makes it great for anyone with sensitive skin. At Thimbleberry Mountain Farm, we like to add a few drops of our lavender essential oil to the dryer balls for a gentle fresh scent. The best part is that they are so simple to use; directly place in the dryer with your freshly washed clothes. That all!
Benefits of alpaca dryer balls:
- Reduces drying time by 20-30% (save $$$)
- Alpaca fiber is hypoallergenic
- Great for anyone with sensitive skin
- Helps soften clothes and reduce static cling
- Will last for years
- Eliminates the need for dryer sheets and fabric softeners (save more $$$)
- Hand made on our farm from 100% alpaca – no fillers
How alpaca dryer balls do their job:
- Dryer balls separate clothes by bouncing around with each rotation of the dryer. This helps the clothes to open up, which allows more air to circulate. Hence, shorter drying time.
- Dryer balls cut down on static cling by absorbing moisture during the drying cycle. This small amount of moisture presence will help prevent static from ever developing.
- One dryer ball makes a difference. We use 3 for a small load, 4 for medium load and 4-5 for a large load.
Lavender oil is valued for its versatility. Its calming and relaxing qualities are the most well known attributes, but there are so many more benefits. Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and wound-healing properties that make it a staple in our household; our go-to remedy for treating insect bites from adventures on the farm. These are just a few of the reasons why lavender is one of the most used essential oils in our home.
We source our lavender oil locally, hand cut at the peak of its bloom, then distilled right at the farm, often within hours of harvesting. After the raw lavender stems are poured steaming from the copper still, each batch is double filtered to ensure high quality and farm freshness! You can rest assured, whether using our lavender oil for the bath, on a dryer ball or sprinkled on the pillow of your child, you are using a clean and authentic product sealed with our approval: tried, tested and true.
The clean, calm and fresh scent of our lavender is heavenly.
Here are some of our favorite uses for lavender oil:
Add to bath water to soak away stress.
Place a drop on the pillow to help with restful sleep.
Place a few drops at the temples when experiencing a headache.
Rub into the arches of the foot before bedtime.
Diffuse in a diffuser or hot water to ease stress.
You May Also Like