Alpaca “Tea Bags” for plants, not humans!
Alpaca beans are the ultimate 100% natural way to feed your vegetable gardens, flower beds, or house plants. Alpacas’ three stomachs efficiently process most organic matter, resulting in manure beans of almost pure nutrients. Many call it the Black Gold of manure! We collect the beans from our alpacas, dry them and then package them in a compostable burlap bag. Safe for the environment. Safe for all pollinators, bug eaters, and our resident garden fairies. An added benefit: the whole tea bag is compostable.
- Place one “tea bag” inside a one-gallon container with a lid.
- Fill with warm water and close the lid tightly.
- Let the tea bag steep for 24 hours or 12 hours in the sun (until golden brown).
- Set the bag out to dry. You can reuse it until the water no longer turns brown.
- Water your plants, garden, or flower beds with the “tea.”
- When the bag is used up, bury it (burlap and all) in your garden or compost pile.
- Each tea bag is suitable for 3-4 uses
Alpaca beans are considered a “cold fertilizer” and will not burn your plants. It is also known as an excellent deer repellant and pest deterrent. It’s the perfect gift for that special gardener in your life!
* Alpaca tea bags ship separately and with no shipping fees